Fifty years ago, the Tatitlek Corporation was incorporated on Oct. 25, 1973. This milestone marks the collective success of TTC’s past and present leadership’s perseverance to accomplish our mission: to bridge the traditions of our village with global economic opportunity enhancing the quality of life for our people. Since then, TTC has grown into a multi-million-dollar enterprise, providing millions of dollars in dividends, elder distributions, burial assistance, scholarships, and lands and cultural preservation programs to our shareholders and descendants.
TTC’s success is also rooted in our close-knit and powerful relationship with the Native Village of Tatitlek. This relationship strives to preserve, enhance and promote our rich culture.
This fall, TTC will celebrate the resilience of our people, our families, our lands, and our Corporation. Please stay tuned for more details, and we look forward to seeing you at the event.
Login to the Shareholder Portal HERE to view 50th Anniversary messages from the Tatitlek Corporation’s Chair and CEO in the spring 2023 Tatitlek Times newsletter.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
The Tatitlek Corporation seeks your historical photos of Tatitlek Village! Submitted photos may be used across print and digital materials commemorating TTC’s 50th anniversary of incorporation.
Historical Photo Categories
- Life in Tatitlek Village
- Past board members and presidents
- Shareholder families and community members
- Historical lands and landmarks
Photo Submission Guidelines
- All photos must be submitted in digital format. Mailed hard copies of photos will not be accepted.
- While photos do not have to be taken by the submitter, the submitter must have rights to photo ownership and sharing.
- Accepted file types: PDF, jpeg, tif, and png.
- Preferred photo format is scanned, high resolution digital files. Alternatively, photographs of photos taken by smartphones may be accepted with clear visibility, no glare, and adequate resolution.
- Digital photo files may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not sure if your photo will be eligible or have another question? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com or (907) 339-8675.
Photo submission does not guarantee submitted photos will be used. By submitting photos, you provide the Tatitlek Corporation with express permission and full rights to use the image(s) in perpetuity across various mediums including but not limited to marketing and reference materials on both print and digital platforms.
Photos received by May 15, 2023 will be entered into a cash prize drawing!
- First prize - $250
- Second prize - $100
- Third prize - $50
Winners will be announced May 19, 2023
Do you know a Tatitlek elder, shareholder or youth who has represented our community with distinction and who needs recognition? Nominate someone today!
Selection will take place at the 3rd Quarter TTC Board of Director's Meeting and be presented at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The winner of each award will receive a check for $500 and a plaque.
Click HERE to submit a nomination
You may provide supporting documentation demonstrating the nominee's achievements and contributions (news articles, copies of awards, letters of support, etc.) The TTC Board will consider the following criteria in making their decision:
- Eligibility: Shareholder of the Year (Shareholder); Elder (Shareholder); Youth (Shareholder/Descendant, 18 & under)
- Leadership in the community and region;
- Educational achievements and contributions in the community and region;
- Political involvement (state, regional, and community);
- Preservation of the Chugach culture and heritage; and
- Other contributions benefiting the overall lifestyle of the Chugach people.
*Additional information is required for youth nominees: Request a Tatitlek Descendant Registration Form if youth is not a shareholder and has not previously registered as a descendant. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.